This recipe for Bulletproof Coffee is easy to follow and you can make it within 5 minutes at home or in the office
Have you heard of Bulletproof Coffee? It was created by Dave Asprey, the founder of Bulletproof and following a trip to Tibet where they put yak butter in their tea, he decided to create his own twist by adding butter and MCT oil to his coffee.
I know it sounds kind of disgusting but it’s similar to a latte and it lights your brain up within minutes of drinking it. The mental clarity is superb, and you will feel the benefits almost immediately. Believe me – you need to try this.
Here is an extract from my book Limitless: including the recipe for Bulletproof Coffee:
‘Bulletproof Coffee got me started with biohacking and was the first thing I’ve found that turned on my brain and made me feel highly energised. I have consistently had a cup every morning for the past two years, and I’ll go well out of my way to find or make one. To make Bulletproof Coffee, you blend:
1. A cup of Bulletproof Coffee
2. One tablespoon of unsalted, grass-fed butter
3. One tablespoon of Bulletproof Brain Octane
The next step is to blend all the ingredients for at least thirty seconds, and the result is a coffee that is very much like a latte. Trust me. It’s not disgusting; it’s delicious. The advantages of a Bulletproof Coffee are:
1. It helps to regulate your hunger hormones
2. The Brain Octane oil contains exogenous ketones, which your brain loves using for energy. I mentioned dietary sources of exogenous ketones earlier in this chapter
3. The butter and caffeine combination slowly releases the caffeine, rather than the usual spike and crash
4. It provides enough energy to sustain you through your intermittent fast’
So, this week I would like you to try a Bulletproof Coffee – getting the ingredients is your first challenge. If you have an Amazon account, this is your best bet. Otherwise a local health food store should have what you need:
- A good quality coffee – this should be easy to find.
- Grass-fed, unsalted butter such as Kerrygold but if you can’t find it just go with regular unsalted butter for now.
- MCT oil – this is where you’ll need Amazon or a local health food store.
- My preferred MCT oil is the Bulletproof® Brain Octane® Oil – https://www.functionalself.co.uk/brain-octane-oil-90ml.html
- However, if you can’t get it delivered quickly then look for a standard MCT oil – it won’t be as good but it’s better than nothing.
Top tips for making Bulletproof Coffee
- Make sure you blend it well otherwise it is disgusting. If you have a Contigo coffee mug then you can shake it.
- Don’t use too much MCT oil otherwise you may be visiting the bathroom pretty quickly – no more than a tablespoon. You have been warned.
- If you want to step it up a notch, then buy some Lion’s Mane & Chaga coffee from Four Sigmatic.
Nick Powell is the founder of Stronger Self and he works with entrepreneurs and senior leaders to enable them to take their personal and professional performance to the next level.
Nick’s approach uses cutting edge tools and techniques from the worlds of biohacking, productivity, anti-aging and neuroscience; harnessing the exciting intersection between biology and technology.
Nick has developed his Peak Performance Coaching Programmes to enable his clients to deliver extraordinary results across all aspects of their personal and professional lives.
He runs his Coaching sessions face to face in London & Surrey and across the World via Zoom.