In this episode, Nick and Ben are talking with Dr. Dwight Jennings, who is a dentist and TMJ Specialist with expertise in treating orofacial pain, non-surgical orthodontics, and dental orthopedics.
About Dr. Dwight Jennings
Dr. Dwight Jennings has over 40 years of experience in jaw orthopedics, dental medicine, and functional jaw orthodontics and has been involved in clinical research creating new therapies for a large number of medical disorders that are associated with TMJ and the influence of bite on health.
Currently, his practice is limited exclusively to applications of dental orthopedics. He has developed expertise in the clinical effects of “substance P”, the pain neurotransmitter which becomes elevated with long term bite disturbances. He has published on a connection between TMJ and Parkinsons (see ParkinsonsTMJ.com) and seizures. Most recently he has been investigating the connection between bite misalignment and its impact on cancer.
In this episode we cover:
- Dr. Dwight Jennings background
- What is Substance P?
- Facial pain and TMJ
- Biting and jaw alignment
and much more.
Watch the Episode
Listen to the Episode
You can also listen to and follow Upgraded Executive on:
The resources we discussed
These are the resources we discussed in this episode:
If any of these links are broken, please do let us know by contacting us
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 00:17 – Dr. Dwight’s journey and background
- 02:25 – What is orthodontics and orthopaedics?
- 07:07 – What is causing jaws to not align?
- 08:02 – Biting and jaw alignment
- 11:47 – What is Substance P?
- 14:09 – Substance P and Pancreatic cancer
- 16:24 – Substance P as a stimulator
- 17:49 – Substance P and sensor theory
- 19:00 – Effects of misalignment of jaw with age
- 21:57 – Autism and Substance P
- 22:36 – Is it possible to lower the symptoms of Autism?
- 24:00 – Can Substance P be reduced naturally?
- 25:30 – Facial pain and TMJ
- 26:19 – What is a good bite?
- 29:47 – Is TMJ related to Parkinson’s disease?
- 32:00 – Headache, pain and Substance P
- 36:17 – How to prevent orthodontics problem?
- 37:21 – Bite alignment appliance
- 39:30 – Simple tests to check jaw alignment
- 41:37 – How to measure the Substance P level?
- 42:48 – Top 3 tips
Nick Powell is the founder of Stronger Self and he works with entrepreneurs and senior leaders to enable them to take their personal and professional performance to the next level.
Nick’s approach uses cutting edge tools and techniques from the worlds of biohacking, productivity, anti-aging and neuroscience; harnessing the exciting intersection between biology and technology.
Nick has developed his Peak Performance Coaching Programmes to enable his clients to deliver extraordinary results across all aspects of their personal and professional lives.
He runs his Coaching sessions face to face in London & Surrey and across the World via Zoom.