In this episode, Nick and Ben are talking with Tim Samuels. He is an award-winning British documentary film-maker, BBC, and National Geographic broadcaster, author of Future Man (published in the UK as Who Stole My Spear?) and founder of the wellness media site AllHailKale.com. He has won three Royal Television Society awards and best documentary at the World Television Festival. Tim Samuels is a regular presenter on BBC Radio 4 and the World Service; he created and hosted Men’s Hour on BBC 5 Live – and hit wellness podcast All Hail Kale, which he is now turning into a bigger media brand.
In this episode we cover:
- Evolutionary Heritage and Modern Lifestyle
- What is happening from the Corporate culture perspective?
- Are expectations driving force towards depression?
- How can men hunt and gather in open-plan corporate culture?
Born in Manchester, he is now a soft southerner living in London. His accomplishments include:
- Royal Television Society: Best Current Affairs Documentary
- Royal Television Society: Best British News Story
- Royal Television Society: Young Journalist of the Year
- Banff World Television Festival: Best Current Affairs Documentary
- Race In Media Awards: TV Journalist of Year
- New York TV Festivals: World Medal
- Amnesty International commendation
- Mind Media Awards: Making A Difference award
- New York Radio Festivals: Gold Medal
Watch the Episode
Listen to the Episode
You can also listen to and follow Upgraded Executive on:
The resources we discussed
These are the resources we discussed in this episode:
If any of these links are broken, please do let us know by contacting us
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 00:09 – Tim’s journey & background
- 01:23 – Who stole my spear?
- 04:33 – Evolutionary Heritage and Modern Lifestyle
- 08:44 – What made men men in human history?
- 12:29 – Current state of masculinity
- 15:05 – The most challenging time to be a man.
- 16:56 – What is happening from the Corporate culture perspective?
- 19:31 – Lifelong commitment
- 23:10 – Are expectations driving force towards depression?
- 26:33 – How can men hunt and gather in open-plan corporate culture?
- 29:12 – 95% of the CEOs are men!
- 31:10 – Fatherhood, being an ideal dad
- 33:20 – Let boys be boys!
- 35:23 – Manly solutions to physical & mental health
- 38:50 – How to reach Tim?
- 39:24 – Top 3 tips
Nick Powell is the founder of Stronger Self and he works with entrepreneurs and senior leaders to enable them to take their personal and professional performance to the next level.
Nick’s approach uses cutting edge tools and techniques from the worlds of biohacking, productivity, anti-aging and neuroscience; harnessing the exciting intersection between biology and technology.
Nick has developed his Peak Performance Coaching Programmes to enable his clients to deliver extraordinary results across all aspects of their personal and professional lives.
He runs his Coaching sessions face to face in London & Surrey and across the World via Zoom.