In this episode, Nick and Ben are talking with Dr. Susan Downs, President of the Silicon Valley Health Institute, award Winning Film Maker and MD.
Dr. Downs is boarded in Integrative Medicine and in Psychiatry, is a certified IFM practitioner and certified in the American Academy of Antiaging Medicine. She works at the University of California, San Francisco and is on the Psychiatry Consultant Registry (UK). She has Masters degrees in engineering from MIT and Stanford and a Masters in Public Health from Loma Linda Medical Center.
Based between San Francisco and Bloomsbury (London), Dr. Downs is the president of the cutting edge Silicon Valley Health Institute (SVHI), has worked in ten countries and studied many healing modalities. Previously, she worked for the NHS in the UK, was an assistant professor at INSEAD (European School for Business Administration), and was a foreign service officer managing alternative energy projects in Asia
Susan is also a film-maker with two multi award winning films on health. Her interests include medicine, economics, spirituality and making the world a better place.
Dr Susan’s Radio Show: www.voiceamerica.com/show/2630/occupy-health
In this episode we cover a range of topics, Susan’s deep understanding is evident to see, and she explains in simple language several topical health related areas including:
- Underlying causes to health issues including toxicity
- What Susan thinks are the simple steps people can take towards optimal health
- What to be aware of regarding the risks with food, supplement’s and health care products
- Where people can get trusted health information from
- Susan’s opinion on 5G
- The role of gluten in the diet
Watch the Episode
Listen to the Episode
You can also listen to and follow Upgraded Executive on:
The resources we discussed
These are the resources we discussed in this episode:
- Susan’s website
- Susan’s Award-Winning Film – The Big Secret
- Silicon Valley Health Institute
- Susan’s Radio Show
- Mark Houston
- Joseph Pizzorno
- Environmental Working Group
- Tom O’Bryans
- EMF Cardell studies in Sweden Austic Nurmoros – cordless phones
- Toxicology study
- Hugh Taylor Yale – the effect of cell phones on animals
- Joseph Mercola
- Kelly Brogan
- Dr Robert Lustig
- Dr Mark Houston
- Weston A Price organisation
- Garry Taubes
- Tom O’Bryan
- Dr Maaru Emoto
- Dr Dale Bredesen
If any of these links are broken, please do let us know by contacting us
- 00:08 – What are the underlying causes to illness
- Quality of food
- Toxicity (food, water, air, personal products)
- 02:15 – Proactive steps towards optimal health
- 03:53 – Toxin reduction
- 05:29 – What to be aware of:
- Repairing the gut
- Food allergies
- Eating organic plant foods, grass-fed animals and wild fish.
- Processed foods, GMOs and sugar
- Fluoride toothpaste
- Plastic bottles
- 13:52 – Where to get trusted information from
- 17:59 – 5G
- 20:50 – Keeping an open mind to opinions
- 22:30 – Cholesterol and heart diseases
- 26:20 – Mitochondrial function
- 28:04 – The role of gluten
- 34:28 – Epigenetics
- 35:09 – The power of the subconscious
- 36:37 – Are we treating the cause or symptoms?
- 41:50 – How does money fit in with the health space?
- 44:14 – The difference between research and what doctors are doing?
- 46:51 – 3 Tips for executives to improve their personal and professional performance
Nick Powell is the founder of Stronger Self and he works with entrepreneurs and senior leaders to enable them to take their personal and professional performance to the next level.
Nick’s approach uses cutting edge tools and techniques from the worlds of biohacking, productivity, anti-aging and neuroscience; harnessing the exciting intersection between biology and technology.
Nick has developed his Peak Performance Coaching Programmes to enable his clients to deliver extraordinary results across all aspects of their personal and professional lives.
He runs his Coaching sessions face to face in London & Surrey and across the World via Zoom.