In this episode, the first of two, Nick and Ben are talking with Dr. John Jaquish who is a scientist, founder and inventor of two amazing biomedical devices, OsteoStrong and the X3 Bar.
In this episode they discuss:
- Bone density and how OsteoStrong helps both professional athletes and an ageing population
- Plant based nutrition and the impact it has on bone health.
- What the X3 bar is and the crazy amount of muscle that people develop when using it
- The bad science that is on the internet and why biohackers sometimes get it wrong.
Watch the Episode
Listen to the Episode
You can also listen to and follow Upgraded Executive on:
The resources we discussed
These are the resources we discussed in this episode:
- Dr John Jaquish’s book: Osteogenic Loading: A New Modality To Facilitate Bone Density Development
- Dr Shawn Baker
- Fracture Proof App on Apple App Store
- X3 Bar – global site
- X3 Bar – UK site
- John on Instagram and Facebook
- Falsehoods of Fitness Series on YouTube
If any of these links are broken, please do let us know by contacting us
- 00:13 – John’s Background and the genesis of OsteoStrong
- 04:21 – Osteostrong – where is all began
- 05:21 – What Osteostrong is ?
- 05:50 – Osteostrong – how it works?
- 06:36 – How often and how long?
- 07:53 – Can you replicate Osteostrong, embarassed people in gym
- 10:22 – Forces on the body
- 12:09 – Osteostrong – the future
- 13:59 – Plant based nutrition and the impact on bone density
- 17:58 – What drove John to develop the X3 Bar
- 21:34 – Benefits of X3
- 27:48 – What makes X3 different from other resistance bands
- 30:10 – John’s first to years using X3
- 32:14 – Follow the programme
- 33:57 – Bad Science
- 36:48 – Wrap Up
Nick Powell is the founder of Stronger Self and he works with entrepreneurs and senior leaders to enable them to take their personal and professional performance to the next level.
Nick’s approach uses cutting edge tools and techniques from the worlds of biohacking, productivity, anti-aging and neuroscience; harnessing the exciting intersection between biology and technology.
Nick has developed his Peak Performance Coaching Programmes to enable his clients to deliver extraordinary results across all aspects of their personal and professional lives.
He runs his Coaching sessions face to face in London & Surrey and across the World via Zoom.