This is how focusing on longevity improves your performance
Health has 3 key dimensions. Physical, mental, emotional; and all 3 need to be carefully managed and put ahead of work and your family life. If you don’t put yourself first, then you aren’t going to be in the best position to help others.
When I meet a potential new Client or generally chat to people on the work that I do with Clients, I see a common theme. There is a genuine interest in performing better, having more energy and being healthier but when I start talking about living much longer the level of interest, intrigue and wonder goes through the roof.
Most of us want to live longer and many of us don’t think about dying; we push it to the back of our minds and focus on the day ahead. It scares the crap out of us to think about dying, those that we would leave behind and not living our lives to the max.
I have a few questions that I want you to answer:
If you were to put an age on when you will exit this earth, what would it be? Think about that for a few seconds ….
So, how many years do you have left?
Now, what if you could extend your lifespan for an extra 30-40 GOOD years, what would you do with the extra time? How would you make a difference?
If your answer was ‘I don’t want another 30-40 good years’, then ask yourself:
what is going on in your life right now?
what can you change?
where is your purpose?
Nobody wants to live a long life, losing their mind and not being mobile. So when I say ‘good’ years, I mean having the mind and body of somebody who is much younger. This may seem like science fiction and 5-10 years ago it was. However, the good news is that there are now billions being spent on researching human longevity and I’m really excited by it, especially for my 8-year-old son who will benefit from longevity science long after I’ve left this life.
Longevity science isn’t about some magical new supplements that reverse ageing but are focused on:
1. Prevention – stopping damage from happening to the body and therefore slowing down the ageing process
2. Repair – using the body’s unique ability to clean and repair damaged cells
It’s not expensive or complex and a few simple changes can make a huge difference.
If you embark on a longevity strategy to give yourself another 30-40 good years, then you will notice the following:
1. Your physical, mental and emotional health will dramatically improve
2. Your energy levels will go through the roof – you won’t believe how good you will feel
3. Your performance in all areas of your life will take a huge step change
If you just focus on your health and energy you will see some significant benefits but focusing on your longevity is a real game changer.
Here are three things that you can do to help with your longevity, health, energy and performance:
1. Remove as many toxins from your environment – they will be in your food, cosmetics and cleaning products. Eat chemical free food and remember that the largest organ in your body is your skin and it is super absorbent
2. Get your gut microbiome checked. I use Viome and whilst it’s emerging technology, it’s the future of gut microbiome testing. Science is now stating that all disease starts in the gut, so putting your focus there is a great strategy.
3. Intermittent fasting – check this out. There are many different forms and I wrote a blog post on it here
Take our Peak Performance Scorecard to see how well you’re performing