How to make the strategies a habit?
Nick’s morning routine:
- Visit the bathroom – take a shower and brush teeth – pretty obvious :o)
- Weigh myself – this enables me to track any food or environment sensitivities from the last 24 hours that may be causing inflammation
- Drink 500ml of water with organic lemon juice – this enables me to start each day fully hydrated and the lemon helps to balance pH. Although lemon is acidic when it is metabolised in the body it turns alkaline and raises the pH of the body
- Get dressed – I’d get arrested if I didn’t :o)
- Take supplements & nootropics – I’m happy that I get a lot of nutrients from my diet but there are several supplements and smart drugs that I take to ensure my body is performing optimally and I have energy all day long. Note: I take fat soluble supplements with my Coffee – see below
- Vibration Plate (5 mins) – detoxifies and strengthens my immune system by moving the lymphatic system
- Mindfulness (20 mins) – I start each day with a clear intention and set-up my mind to perform as best it can. The benefits of a daily mindfulness practice are backed up through scientific research and it’s no surprise that many of the world’s most successful people have a daily mindfulness practice.
- Heart Coherence Training (5 mins) – this is heart rate variability (HRV) training, which helps train my sympathetic nervous system to be calm when under pressure
- Bulletproof Coffee – I rarely miss a morning. It switches on my brain in the morning and gives me an abundance of energy. I also follow a ketogenic diet with intermittent fasting, so this works great and keeps me in ketosis.
- Spend some time with the family – it’s important to me to spend some time with my Wife and Son before I leave the house, it reminds me what truly matters in life.
- Use my commute to review my day – I use time on the train to ensure I have clarity over my day and I spend 15 mins to:
If you find any dead links or have comments on the resources, please get in touch here
This is a routine that works for me and I know that when I’ve completed it, I’m primed for the day. This won’t necessarily work for you, although many of the individual habits have specific benefits and I hope it gives you some inspiration.