Here are the 5 new things that I’ve discovered in 2018 that have had a big impact on my own personal performance:
1. X3 Bar – if you want to gain strength and put on some mass quickly then this is a great tool, invented by Dr John Jaquish. The X3 bar is my favourite biohack of 2018 and I’ve seen massive gains in muscle in an extraordinary short period of time. The beauty of the X3 bar is that it only takes 15-20 minutes per day, saving hours and hours in the gym. Due to an injury and the pressures of the book in 2018, I’ve not developed a routine in 2018 but I have in 2019 and at the end of the 12 week programme, I will post on my blog before, during and after shots. Keep a look out for it.
2. AF Glutathione with CoQ10 and PQQ from the guys at Primal Hacker. I used to love the liposomal glutathione syringes from Bulletproof and was excited to see that my fellow Bulletproof Coaches over at PrimalHacker had created their own version with added CoQ10 and PQQ, both of which are mitochondrial enhancers. It may appear expensive but it’s super bio-available because it’s wrapped in fat and a lot cheaper than buying two or three separate products. I find this effective when going into a big meeting, giving a presentation or using it as a way to give myself a quiet energy boost. The glutathione has come in handy over the Christmas period to help process the gin and tonics.
3. Slow down and think … it may seem like a strange biohack to do nothing but it’s something that I have grown to learn with the help from my own coach. We all live in a world with multiple distractions, a super long to-do list and more to do than we could ever possibly achieve. We often run from one fire to another without taking sufficient time to really slow down, think, reflect and do what is truly important. Thinking time for me is something that I now really value more than ‘doing’ time. Several ways to slow down and reflect are to:
b) express gratitude
c) go for a walk before or after work (lunchtime also works)
d) don’t work when you walk in through your front door or on weekends
4. Oura Ring (see my blog post here) – the new ring has really enabled me to step up my overall readiness scores and sleep quality. Since I received the ring in August, my scores in both areas have consistently increased and on average I have shifted my average scores as follows:
- Readiness – 80% to 90%
- Sleep – 78 %- 88%
5. My final biohack from 2018 is Viome – the Viome service takes a stool sample and provides you with information on what is going on in your gut. Given that so much Science is now pointing towards gut health as the source of all chronic disease, looking after your gut has to be a top priority for us all. Not only does Viome provide you with information on the make-up of your gut microbiome, it also tells you what foods to indulge in and to avoid which are specific to your gut-microbiome. If you would like $100 off Viome then we issue codes as part of our Newsletter.
Nick Powell is the founder of Stronger Self and he works with entrepreneurs and senior leaders to enable them to take their personal and professional performance to the next level.
Nick’s approach uses cutting edge tools and techniques from the worlds of biohacking, productivity, anti-aging and neuroscience; harnessing the exciting intersection between biology and technology.
Nick has developed his Peak Performance Coaching Programmes to enable his clients to deliver extraordinary results across all aspects of their personal and professional lives.
He runs his Coaching sessions face to face in London & Surrey and across the World via Zoom.