In this episode, Nick and Ben are talking with Scott Nelson, who is a cofounder for Joovv, the first company to develop a modular, full-body light therapy device.
Prior to starting Joovv, he spent his entire professional career in leadership positions with some of the largest medical device companies in the world, including Medtronic, Covidien, and Boston Scientific.
In his spare time, Scott is also the host of Medsider Radio, a top-ranked medical device podcast.
Website: medsider.com and joovv.com
Watch the Episode
Listen to the Episode
You can also listen to and follow Upgraded Executive on:
The resources we discussed
These are the resources we discussed in this episode:
If any of these links are broken, please do let us know by contacting us
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 00:13 – Scott’s background and overview to Joovv
- 04:00 – Overview to Red Light Therapy & Photo Biomodulation
- 05:15 – Sun & Spectrum of Light
- 06:36 – Red Light Therapy & Infra-Red Saunas
- 07:52 – Red light Therapy & Body Healing
- 13:20 – Skin heath
- 16:50 – Pain, inflammation & Muscle recovery
- 20:17 – Brain health & Cognitive function (fast learning and memory)
- 21:55 – Red light and Hormone/Testosterone Production
- 27:15 – Red light and Cancer
- 29:36 – Red light and Meditation
- 30:10 – Red light and Heart/Brain Coherence
- 30:37 – Red light and Sleep
- 33:55 – Junk Light and Enhancing Mood
- 38:02 – How to reach out to Scott/Joovv
- 39:58 – 3 tips to improve performance
Nick Powell is the founder of Stronger Self and he works with entrepreneurs and senior leaders to enable them to take their personal and professional performance to the next level.
Nick’s approach uses cutting edge tools and techniques from the worlds of biohacking, productivity, anti-aging and neuroscience; harnessing the exciting intersection between biology and technology.
Nick has developed his Peak Performance Coaching Programmes to enable his clients to deliver extraordinary results across all aspects of their personal and professional lives.
He runs his Coaching sessions face to face in London & Surrey and across the World via Zoom.