In this episode Nick and Ben are talking with Joe Cohen, who is the founder of Self Hacked, Self Decode and Lab Test Analyzer.
Frustrated by the lack of good information and tools, Joe decided to embark on a journey of self-experimentation and self-learning to improve his health – something that has since become known as “biohacking”.
With thousands of experiments and pubmed articles under his belt, Joe founded SelfHacked, the resource that was missing when he needed it. SelfHacked now gets over 2 million monthly readers.
Joe is a thriving entrepreneur, author and speaker. He is the CEO of SelfHacked, SelfDecode and LabTestAnalyzer. His mission is to help people gain access to the most up-to-date, unbiased, and science-based ways to optimize their health.
Joe has been studying health sciences for 17 years and has read over 30,000 PubMed articles. He’s given consultations to over 1000 people who have sought his health advice. After completing the pre-med requirements at university, he founded SelfHacked because he wanted to make a big impact in improving global health. He’s written hundreds of science posts, multiple books on improving health, and speaks at various health conferences. He’s keen on building a brain-trust of top scientists who will improve the level of accuracy of health content on the web. He’s also founded SelfDecode and LabTestAnalyzer, popular genetic and lab software tools to improve health.
In this episode we cover:
- Joe’s story to reclaim his health
- The insights that you can get through genetics
- How to best interpret genetics?
- How epigenetics plays a role in genetics
- How Joe hacks food sensitivities
- Google’s change in algorithms for health websites
Watch the Episode
Listen to the Episode
You can also listen to and follow Upgraded Executive on:
The resources we discussed
These are the resources we discussed in this episode:
If any of these links are broken, please do let us know by contacting us
- 00:00 – Welcoming Joe
- 00:14 – Evolution of Self Hacked
- 01:40 – Joe’s story
- 07:41 – The insights you can get from genetics :- 10:50 – Food sensitivity :- 12:00 – Detoxing plastics
- 13:55 – How to use genetics
- 16:47 – Role of epigenetics
- 19:56 – Using genetics to diagnose
- 28:00 – 3 most impactful things for Joe
- 29:13 – Hacking food sensitivities
- 33:32 – Google’s algorithms and the impact on Self Hacked
- 42:15 – Lab Test Analyzer
- 43:28 – Joe’s three tips for any executive who wants to improve their personal and professional performance
Nick Powell is the founder of Stronger Self and he works with entrepreneurs and senior leaders to enable them to take their personal and professional performance to the next level.
Nick’s approach uses cutting edge tools and techniques from the worlds of biohacking, productivity, anti-aging and neuroscience; harnessing the exciting intersection between biology and technology.
Nick has developed his Peak Performance Coaching Programmes to enable his clients to deliver extraordinary results across all aspects of their personal and professional lives.
He runs his Coaching sessions face to face in London & Surrey and across the World via Zoom.