In this episode, Nick and Ben are speaking with Dr. Aubrey de Gray who is the Chief Science Officer of the SENS Research Foundation and VP of New Technology Discovery at AgeX Therapeutics.
Dr. de Gray is also Editor-in-Chief of Rejuvenation Research, the world’s highest-impact peer-reviewed journal focused on intervention in aging. He is a highly sought-after speaker who gives 40-50 invited talks per year at scientific conferences, universities and companies in areas ranging from pharma to life insurance, and to the public.
Aubrey’s research focuses on whether regenerative medicine can prevent the aging process. He works on the development of “Strategies for Engineered Negligible Senescence” (SENS), a collection of proposed techniques to rejuvenate the human body and stop aging. To this end, he has identified seven types of molecular and cellular damage caused by essential metabolic processes. SENS is a proposed panel of therapies designed to repair this damage.
In this episode we discuss:
- Aubrey’s background and his journey from London to California
- The definition of aging
- Aubrey’s view on why people don’t want to live a long time
- How long can we live for
- How lifestyle factors play a part
- The 7 Categories of damage and solutions
- How to support the SENS Foundation and their prominent supporters
Watch the Episode
Listen to the Episode
The resources we discussed
These are the resources we discussed in this episode:
If any of these links are broken, please do let us know by contacting us
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 00:14 – Aubrey’s background
- 09:13 – The definition of ageing
- 10:22 – Aubrey’s view on why people don’t want to live a long time
- 14:20 – If you live for the next 40 years can you live for the next 100 years?
- 20:14 – How long can we live? Longevity escape velocity
- 23:36 – How lifestyle factors play a part
- 25:46 – 7 Categories of damage and solutions
- 39:06 – How to support the SENS Foundation
- 42:38 – Supporters of the SENS Foundation
- 45:14 – Top tips for any executive who is looking to improve their personal and professional performance
Nick Powell is the founder of Stronger Self and he works with entrepreneurs and senior leaders to enable them to take their personal and professional performance to the next level.
Nick’s approach uses cutting edge tools and techniques from the worlds of biohacking, productivity, anti-aging and neuroscience; harnessing the exciting intersection between biology and technology.
Nick has developed his Peak Performance Coaching Programmes to enable his clients to deliver extraordinary results across all aspects of their personal and professional lives.
He runs his Coaching sessions face to face in London & Surrey and across the World via Zoom.