In this episode, Nick and Ben are talking with Steven Fowkes, who is one of the original biohackers – an organic chemist who has been hacking his health for decades. One hack was overcoming severe stage fright, which enables Steve to do public speaking engagements and TV appearances including Larry King Live. He is also a nutritional consultant, author, inventor and an expert witness. He has a broad knowledge of biochemistry, neurochemistry, nutrition, metabolism, and nanotechnology.
Steven is the moderator and blogger for Project Wellbeing (www.projectwellbeing.com), Chief Chemist of eCycle Systems, Executive Director of Cognitive Enhancement Research Institute (CERI) and Co-Founder and Chief Science Officer of Nanopolymer Systems Corporation.
In this episode we cover:
- Steven’s definition of biohacking
- Steven’s favorite smart drugs
- Steven’s view on psychedelics
- How to hack a hangover
- How to hack nervousness while public speaking
Watch the Episode
Listen to the Episode
You can also listen to and follow Upgraded Executive on:
The resources we discussed
These are the resources we discussed in this episode:
If any of these links are broken, please do let us know by contacting us
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 00:13 – Steven’s background
- 01:27 – Defining biohacking and learning to speak body
- 04:38 – Introduction to smart drugs
- 07:08 – Piracetam
- 13:50 – Deprenyl
- 14:53 – GHP
- 16:28 – B-complex vitamins
- 17:18 – Psychedelics
- 19:07 – N=1
- 20:38 – How to avoid the snake oil
- 23:58 – How to hack a hangover
- 27:56 – Treating alcoholism with nutrients
- 32:37 – Hacking public speaking
- 34:33 – The importance of sleep
Nick Powell is the founder of Stronger Self and he works with entrepreneurs and senior leaders to enable them to take their personal and professional performance to the next level.
Nick’s approach uses cutting edge tools and techniques from the worlds of biohacking, productivity, anti-aging and neuroscience; harnessing the exciting intersection between biology and technology.
Nick has developed his Peak Performance Coaching Programmes to enable his clients to deliver extraordinary results across all aspects of their personal and professional lives.
He runs his Coaching sessions face to face in London & Surrey and across the World via Zoom.